Reference our “Getting Started” guide below or follow these instructions to start using the iMedRIS system.
Click on the iMedRIS image on the left side of the screen or go to https://ris01.uthsc.edu to log into the IRB electronic system.
Once you have logged into iMedRIS, click on the Project Assistant tab on the left. Next, click on Add a new Project to begin the electronic application. The electronic application will guide you through the research questions you must address depending on the type of research study you will be conducting. After you complete the electronic application, you will be prompted to upload master protocols, investigator’s brochures, surveys, questionnaires, consent form(s), and other study documents. You will then be able to route the application and associated documents to all persons who must sign off before the IRB receives it.
Should you have any questions regarding the IRB electronic application, do not hesitate to contact the IRB office at (865) 974-3466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may consult the printable Guides and Tips below. If you need more individualized assistance, you may request a one-on-one training from the IRB by emailing email@example.com.
- Initial Application Step-by-Step Instructions
- Obtaining a NetID and Password
- Routing, Workflow Tracking, and Signoff
- Board Member Guide
- Application Updated
- How to Submit a Form 2 – Change Request & Amendments
- How to Submit a Form 3 – Continuing Review (Renewal)
- Fall 2014 training available – Cick here
- If you are unable to make any of the sessions listed, contact our offices for training alternatives firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following video was created to illustrate how to select all appropriate persons who need to be connected to their study, and how to make sure they route it to those persons for signature. You must have a valid UT NetID to view this video on the DMS (Digital Media Services) Mediasite server.