Research Development (RD) is committed to growing UT’s research enterprise by providing a suite of services, tools, and partnerships that position faculty for success in their research, scholarship, and creative activities. Led by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation Initiatives, RD has more than six decades of combined expertise in helping faculty secure external funding and recognition.
Core RD services include:
- Finding Funding: Our team works with faculty to identify the right funding opportunities for their ideas, and provides funder insights that improve competitiveness.
- Developing Proposals: We work closely with individuals and teams to conceptualize and craft competitive proposals for external funding.
- Nurturing Talent: Faculty development programs cultivate critical skills that position faculty for funding success and recognition in their discipline.
- Connecting Collaborators: Innovative RD programs help faculty form collaborations and partnerships that cross disciplinary boundaries and lead to shared discoveries.
- Investing in Ideas: We manage a range of internal investment funds to augment existing resources and grow new initiatives.
- Promoting Excellence: UT’s research enterprise succeeds when our faculty scholars succeed. We coordinate nominations for prestigious external awards and fellowships that recognize faculty achievements and influence university rankings.
Curious to learn more about what we do and how we can help you? Learn more about Research Development, explore the RD Highlights series about our team’s work with faculty, and contact us today to discuss how we can support your goals.