The Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development (ORIED) is committed to growing UT’s research enterprise by offering capacity-building and proposal development services that position faculty for success in their research, scholarship, and creative activities. Research Development (RD) core services include:
- Helping faculty form new research collaborations and partnerships to pursue strategic opportunities.
- Working one-on-one with faculty to cultivate skills and craft a compelling message.
- Providing visibility for faculty to advance their scholarship, research, and creative activities.
- Empowering research teams and individual investigators to increase competitiveness on extramural research funding and prestigious national awards.
- Obtaining funding intelligence, identifying agency contacts and priorities, and organizing on-campus events.
Led by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation Initiatives (firstname.lastname@example.org), RD has more than six decades of combined expertise in helping faculty members pursue the possibilities and find funding and support for their research, scholarship, and creative activities.