The Office of Research & Engagement Professional Development Program offers workshops in proposal development, grant writing, fellowship grants, and compliance free of charge for faculty, staff, and graduate students who are responsible for or interested in the requirements for funded research.
Please take a few moments to complete a brief, anonymous survey of your experiences with the “Training & Workshops” website and support.
Your feedback is important in bringing the most useful grant writing and proposal development workshops to the UTK research community.
For questions on workshops and registration please contact Lesli Rowan, Training Coordinator, at email@example.com
Spring 2014 Professional Development Workshops
Please select one of the following areas:
- Proposal Development & Grant Writing — How to locate funding opportunities and create successful proposals.
- Fellowships & Humanities Grants – Specialized workshops for faculty and post-docs in the Humanities, as well as information on grant opportunities for a number of prestigious fellowships
- TERA-PAMS — How to use the Tennessee Electronic Research Administration (TERA) system for proposal creation, routing and approval.
- Compliance —Specialized online and face-to-face workshops compliance training in the areas of IRB/Human Subjects, Export Control, Biosafety, Radiation Safety, and Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR). Contact Lesli Rowan, Training Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with registering for the training.
- Additional Resources — Post-Doc Mentoring, Author Workshops and New Faculty Orientation presentations.
To request a session in a specific area, or have an idea for a new workshop, please contact the Office of Research & Engagement Training Coordinator, Lesli Rowan, at email@example.com or (865) 974-9310.