Research Development (RD) services and activities support and grow research, scholarship, and creative activities at UT:
- Helping faculty form competitive research collaborations to pursue large strategic opportunities.
- Working one-on-one with faculty to cultivate skills and craft the message.
- Providing visibility for faculty and advancing their scholarship, research, and creative activities.
- Empowering research teams and individual investigators to increase competitiveness and attract extramural research funding.
- Obtaining funding intelligence, identifying agency contacts and priorities, and organizing on-campus events.
Capacity-building activities and services for faculty and staff include the following:
Led by Kimberly Eck, assistant vice chancellor of research, the Research Development group has more than six decades of combined expertise in helping faculty members pursue the possibilities and find funding and support for their research activities.