Research Development (RD) services and activities support and grow research, scholarship, and creative activities at UT:
- Helping faculty form competitive research collaborations to pursue large strategic opportunities.
- Working one-on-one with faculty to cultivate skills and craft the message.
- Providing visibility for faculty and advancing their scholarship, research, and creative activities.
- Empowering research teams and individual investigators to increase competitiveness and attract extramural research funding.
- Obtaining funding intelligence, identifying agency contacts and priorities, and organizing on-campus events.
Capacity-building activities and services for faculty and staff include the following:
- Supporting Proposal Development
- Departmental Requests
- Areas of Emphasis
- Creative Residencies, Awards, Fellowships, and Trainings (CRAFT)
- Fulbright Program
- Humanities Faculty Fellows
- Large, Complex Projects
- Connecting Collaborators
- Coffee & Convergence
- SPARKS: Seeking Partnerships to Advance Research, Knowledge, and Science
- FUSION: Faculty Understanding Science in Open Networks
- Research Development Community
- Communities of Scholars
- Faculty Programs
- Expanding Horizons
- Initiative for the Future
- Proposal Writing Institute
- Research Development Academy
- Scholarship Agenda
- Strengthening the Culture of Research
Led by Kimberly Eck, assistant vice chancellor of research, the Research Development group has more than six decades of combined expertise in helping faculty members pursue the possibilities and find funding and support for their research activities.