Research Development (RD) services and activities support and grow research, scholarship, and creative activities at UT. The RD team
- Helps faculty form competitive research collaborations to pursue large strategic opportunities.
- Works one-on-one with faculty to cultivate skills and craft the message.
- Provides visibility for faculty and advances their scholarship, research, and creative activities.
- Empowers research teams and individual investigators to increase competitiveness and attract extramural research funding.
- Obtains funding intelligence, identifies agency contacts and priorities, and organizes on-campus events.
Capacity-building activities and services for faculty and staff include
- Supporting Proposal Development
- Departmental Requests
- Areas of Emphasis
- Creative Residencies, Awards, Fellowships, and Trainings (CRAFT)
- Fulbright Program
- Humanities Faculty Fellows
- Large, Complex Projects
- Connecting Collaborators
- Coffee & Convergence
- SPARKS: Seeking Partnerships to Advance Research, Knowledge, and Science
- FUSION: Faculty Understanding Science in Open Networks
- Research Development Community
- Communities of Scholars
- Faculty Programs
- Expanding Horizons
- Initiative for the Future
- Proposal Writing Institute
- Research Development Academy
- Scholarship Agenda
- Strengthening the Culture of Research
Led by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Development (AVCRD@utk.edu), the Research Development group has more than six decades of combined expertise in helping faculty members pursue the possibilities and find funding and support for their research activities.