Research Development (RD) services and activities support and grow research, scholarship, and creative activities at UT:
- Helping faculty form competitive research collaborations to pursue large strategic opportunities.
- Working one-on-one with faculty to cultivate skills and craft the message.
- Providing visibility for faculty and advancing their scholarship, research, and creative activities.
- Empowering research teams and individual investigators to increase competitiveness and attract extramural research funding.
- Obtaining funding intelligence, identifying agency contacts and priorities, and organizing on-campus events.
Capacity-building activities and services for faculty and staff include the following:
- Supporting Proposal Development
- Departmental Requests
- Areas of Emphasis
- Creative Residencies, Awards, Fellowships, and Trainings (CRAFT)
- Fulbright Program
- Humanities Faculty Fellows
- Large, Complex Projects
- Connecting Collaborators
- Coffee & Convergence
- SPARKS: Seeking Partnerships to Advance Research, Knowledge, and Science
- FUSION: Faculty Understanding Science in Open Networks
- Research Development Community
- Communities of Scholars
- Faculty Programs
- Expanding Horizons
- Initiative for the Future
- Proposal Writing Institute
- Research Development Academy
- Scholarship Agenda
- Strengthening the Culture of Research
Led by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Development (AVCRD@utk.edu), the Research Development group has more than six decades of combined expertise in helping faculty members pursue the possibilities and find funding and support for their research activities.