Earlier this month, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, announced that graduate and professional students on assistantships will get a benefit regarding what they are required to pay each term.
To assist faculty in planning for these changes, the Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development is providing the following guidance:
- Differential tuition and mandatory fees are generally allowable costs on a sponsored project. Please refer to the award document for your project to see if there are any restrictions from the funding agency.
- Differential tuition and mandatory fee rates can be located on the One Stop website.
- Facility and Administrative costs are not applied to differential tuition or mandatory fees.
- Budget revisions may be required if the line item budget will exceed the variance allowed by the funding agency.
- In order to allow a transitionary time for proposals in development, any proposals that will be submitted prior to June 4, 2022, are not required to include mandatory fees and differential tuition in their budgets. Faculty and departments can certainly opt to revise budgets for these proposals if they should so choose.
Updated information about Graduate Maintenance, Tuition, and Fees can be found on the ORIED website. For additional questions, please contact Jean Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kim McCullock at email@example.com.