Please notify Paul Montgomery (email@example.com) of your interest in the following opportunities.
Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP)
The Department of Defense recently published the Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP) solicitation. (Please see the “Related Documents” tab to view it.) DURIP provides funds to purchase equipment that will enhance university research and education in areas important to DoD; in particular, proposals must address “the impact of the equipment or instrumentation on your institution’s ability to educate students through research in disciplines important to DoD missions.”
Estimated Award Amount: From $50K to $1.5M
Proposal Deadline: August 26, 2016
If you are currently seeking or have sought research funding from DoD, you are a candidate to apply for a DURIP award. If you wish to pursue this opportunity, discuss your equipment needs and research ideas with your current or former DoD program manager to get support and advice for your proposal.
NOTE: Individuals interested in any solicitation that limits the number of submissions allowed by UT must submit a notification of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the ORE limited submission policy, View current and past opportunities, and sign up for the listserv.
DoD Rapid Innovation Fund
The Department of Defense recently published a solicitation seeking to develop “next generation chemical warfare agent-resistant fabrics and barriers.” Find a brief article from Global Biodefense that includes a link to the solicitation. Those selected for award may receive up to $3 million in Rapid Innovation Funding and will have up to two years to perform the work. NOTE: DoD is looking to transition any R&D into an acquisition program within two years.
White Paper Deadline: 3 p.m. on May 3.
Join the UT NIH Research Community by contacting Jennifer Webster (email@example.com) and start receiving the weekly NIH Digest.
- NIH Director’s Early Independence Awards (DP5) (RFA-RM-16-006)
- NIH Countermeasures Against Chemical Threats (CounterACT): Optimization of Therapeutic Lead Compounds (U01) (PAR-16-128)
- NIH Countermeasures Against Chemical Threats (CounterACT): Identification of Therapeutic Lead Compounds (U01) (PAR-16-129)
- NIA Systems Biology of Aging (R01) (RFA-AG-17-004)
- NCI Emerging Questions in Cancer Systems Biology (U01) (PAR-16-131)
- NIDA Translational Avant-Garde Award for Development of Medication to Treat Substance Use Disorders (UG3/UH3) (RFA-DA-17-015)
- NIDA The Application of Big Data Analytics to Drug Abuse Research (R01) (PA-16-119)
- NIDDK Program Projects (P01) (PAR-16-127)
- NIGMS Maximizing Investigator’s Research Award (R35) (RFA-GM-17-002)
- NIGMS Intramural Postdoctoral Research Associate (PRAT) Program (Fi2) (PA-16-130)
Find new Engagement Opportunities and Funding at engagement.utk.edu. Use SciVal Funding to conduct a self-directed search for funding opportunities from 7,000 program sponsors around the world or the Foundation Directory Online to search a database of the 10,000 largest private, community, and corporate foundations in the U.S.