Limited Submission Opportunities
Find information about limited submissions on the Limited Submissions Opportunities page.
NSF Major Research Instrumentation Program (MRI) – Instrument Acquisition or Development: NSF 15-504
The MRI Program is intended to assist with the acquisition or development of a single research instrument that is, in general, too costly and/or not appropriate for support through other NSF programs. An instrument provided through the MRI program is expected to be operational for regular research use by the end of the award period.
Proposals must be for either acquisition (Track 1) or development (Track 2), and must be for only a single instrument or for equipment that when combined serves as an integrated research instrument.
Interested individuals should submit a notification of interest to email@example.com by NOON 6/16/2017. When submitting your Notification of Interest, please send from a UT address and copy your department head and associate dean for research. Notifications of interest received past this deadline will not be considered.
The subject heading of your email should state your name, your department and the name of the limited submission opportunity (ex. PIERCE, Benjamin Franklin / Microbiology /NSF MRI). In your email include:
- Name and contact information of PI
- Whether the proposal is for Track 1 (acquisition) or Track 2 (development)
- Name and description of the instrumentation
- Brief rationale statement for the instrumentation (2 paragraphs MAX in PDF format)
- Proposed location of the instrumentation and whether NEW space will need to be allocated
NOI applicants will be notified no later than 6/16/17 if an internal competition will be required, in which case additional information regarding the proposed project will be due on 7/14/17.
Please see the full RFP for complete information.
Notification of Interest to ORE: 6/16/2017 12 NOON
Application to Agency: 1/10/2018
Limit on Number of Applications: 3
Estimated Program Funding: $75M total
Anticipated No. of Awards: 160
Join the UT NIH Research Community by contacting Jennifer Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) and start receiving the weekly NIH Digest.
- NIH Standard Deadlinesfor Investigator-Initiated Research Projects
- NIH Addressing Suicide Research Gaps: Understanding Mortality Outcomes (R01)(RFA-MH-18-410)
- NCI HIV/AIDS and the Tumor Niche (R01)(RFA-CA-17-030)
- NCI U.S. Tobacco Control Policies to Reduce Health Disparities (R01) (PAR-17-217)
- NCI U.S. Tobacco Control Policies to Reduce Health Disparities (R21) (PAR-17-218)
- NIA Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Centers (P30)(RFA-AG-18-007)
- NIA Grants for Early Medical/Surgical Specialists’ Transition to Aging Research (GEMSSTAR) (R03)(RFA-AG-18-015)
- NIAAA Alcohol-Induced Effects on Tissue Injury and Repair (R21)(PA-17-296)
- NIAAA Alcohol-Induced Effects on Tissue Injury and Repair (R01) (PA-17-297)
- NICHD Small Grants for Secondary Analyses of Existing Data Sets and Stored Biospecimens (R03)(PA-17-299)
- NIDDK Information Network Coordinating Unit: dkNET-CU (U24)(RFA-DK-17-010)
- RELATED SPONSOR: AHRQ National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grant (T32) (RFA-HS-17-011)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Health Disparity Research Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Idea Development Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Impact Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Clinical Consortium Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Pathology Resource Network Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Early Investigator Research Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: DOD Prostate Cancer Physician Research Award (link)
- RELATED SPONSOR: FDA Developing Biomarkers for Trastuzumab-induced Cardiotoxicity (R30)(RFA-FD-17-006)
- RELATED SPONSOR: FDA Food Safety Preventive Controls and Produce Safety Standards: Building Competency in Latin America in Support of the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act (RFA-FD-17-011)
- NIA Socioeconomic Disparities in Health and Mortality at Older Ages (R01) (RFA-AG-18-011)
- NIAID Partnerships for Development of Clinically Useful Diagnostics for Antimicrobial-Resistant Bacteria (R01)(RFA-AI-17-014)
- NIAID Partnerships for the Development of Vaccines and Immunoprophylactics Targeting Multiple Antimicrobial-Resistant Bacteria (R01)(RFA-AI-17-017)
Please contact Sharon Pound (email@example.com) regarding your interest in NSF opportunities.
- Centers for Chemical Innovation (CCI) Phase I Awards and Phase II Center Renewal NSF 17-564
NSF Dear Colleague Letters
- Updated Focus of Programs within the Engineering Biology and Health Cluster, Division of Chemical, Bioengineering, Environmental, and Transport (CBET) Systems NSF 17-090 May 25, 2017
- Non-Academic Research Internships for Graduate Students (INTERN) Supplemental Funding NSF 17-091 May 22, 2017
- CAREER Proposals Submitted to the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR) – Suggestions for Enhancing the Quality of Proposals NSF 17-093 Jun. 5, 2017
- Changes to the Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant (DDIG) Program in the Directorate for Biological Sciences NSF 17-094 Jun. 6, 2017