Crowdfunding is a useful alternative for postdoc and faculty researchers seeking financial support for projects that are difficult to fund through more traditional avenues or that have an immediate need. It is especially helpful when seeking relatively small amounts of money—around $7,500 or less—that would be hard to raise independently. We’ll take about some of the various platforms, institutional policy, and potential tax implications for you. Come learn more about when to and when not to think about crowdfunding.
• Participants will learn the definition of crowdfunding and receive an introduction to the various websites in this space.
• Participants will understand what types of activities might best be supported through crowdfunding.
• Participants will learn UT’s current stance and procedures when seeking crowdfunding.
• Participants will understand the particular fundraising and compliance challenges involved in crowdfunded projects.
• Participants will see multiple examples of faculty and postdoc projects seeking crowdfunding support.
Please check here for more workshop offerings.