The University of Tennessee Research Foundation (UTRF) has announced the release of its new Invention Disclosure Enterprise Application. (I.D.E.A.).
IDEA (idea.tennessee.edu) is the new, secure, online portal for invention disclosures at the University of Tennessee. It offers a faster, easier way to submit disclosures.
- The application is available 24/7/365 and compatible with any PC/Mac/Phone/Tablet
- Your UT netID is linked automatically to simplify the submission and approval process.
- Submission and approval status are monitored in real-time.
- New disclosures are submitted for commercialization in just minutes!
- IDEA is paperless and ecofriendly.
At any time, UT employees may log in to idea.tennessee.edu to submit or manage an invention disclosure. IDEA enables Inventors, Approvers, and UTRF staff to monitor the progress of invention disclosures through submission, management, and approval. It also facilitates the initiation of the commercialization process.
- The IDEA tutorial and manuals are available on UTRF’s website at http://utrf.tennessee.edu/idea-tutorials/
- Online training session for all UT staff: 3PM EDT (2PM CDT) Sept. 21, 2015
UTRF helps inventors at UT turn their ideas and discoveries into products and services that benefit society. In addition to supporting the university research enterprise and commercializing the resulting inventions, UTRF also supports entrepreneurship as well as state and regional economic development efforts. UTRF serves all seven of the UT campuses and institutes across the state. For more information, visit http://utrf.tennessee.edu.
Melissa Dos Santos, UTRF (865-974-1882 firstname.lastname@example.org)