The mentoring of post-docs and doctoral students is part of the effective preparation of future researchers and is part of the responsibility of the principal investigator. Some project awards now require it as a condition of the award.
Mentoring Post-Docs Workshop: Growing as a Research Professional
- Obtaining and Negotiating a Faculty Position (PDF)
- University Structure and Tenure Planning (PDF)
- Laboratory Leadership in Science (PDF)
- Mentoring and Being Mentored (PDF)
- Time Management
- Project Management (PDF)
- Data Management and Laboratory Notebooks (PDF)
- Getting Funded (PDF)
- Publishing and Visibility (PDF)
- Setting Up Collaborations (PDF)
- Teaching and Course Design (PDF)
- NIMBioS Postdocs – Comments for New Postdocs from Lou Gross (PDF)
On May 24, 2011, Jenny Henzen from Elsevier delivered a presentation to UT Knoxville researchers outlining the best practices for writing outstanding journal articles. For your convenience, the information shared at the session has been made available below in both PDF and PowerPoint formats.