Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Contact Us

Who do I contact?

Refer to the list below for who to contact based on your question/concern.

Human Research Protection Program
2240 Sutherland Dr., Suite 2 Knoxville, TN 37919

Each college and most non-college departments that conduct human subjects research are assigned an HRPO staff member to serve as that unit’s point of contact.

Examples: studies in review, responding to IRB-requested changes, and other research-specific topics such as study procedures, recruitment, informed consent, confidentiality, etc. plus other regulations impacting research (e.g., HIPAA, FERPA).

College/Unit Contact
Director, Human Research Protection Program Contact: Rob Withrow
ZOOM Office Hours: Thursdays, 9–11 a.m.
Herbert College of Agriculture/UTIA
Haslam College of Business
College of Communications and Information
CEHHS: Retail Hospitality and Tourism Management
College of Veterinary Medicine
University-wide Units
Contact: UTK IRB
College of Nursing

Child and Family Studies
Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Educational Psychology and Counseling
Public HealthKinesiology Rec Sport Studies
Theory and Practice in Teacher Education

Contact: Becca Massey


Zoom Office Hours: Tuesdays 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

College of Arts and Sciences
Tickle College of Engineering
College of Law
College of Social Work
Contact: Rob Withrow
ZOOM Office Hours: Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
IRB Specialist Contact:  Kadie Rome

Examples include: unanticipated problems/adverse events, complaints, concerns about participant welfare or safety, etc.
Contact: Rob Withrow

Examples include: departmental training, classroom visits, etc.
Contact: Rob Withrow