The Research Informatics unit is responsible for providing data relative to the research enterprise including mining information from awards, proposals, expenditures, and publication databases; generating research activity reports; tracking various research outputs and research impact data; analyzing changes in external funding support; and identifying trends in the university’s research performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Data querying and data aggregation from the internal sources
- Standard and ad hoc report generation
- Data collection from external sources
- Data analysis and visualization to identify potential trends for use by others in decision-making
- Data analytics initiatives
- Developing and maintaining procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency of data querying, report generation, and data presentation processes.
Please refer to the published standard reports on the Research Activity Data tab on our website as well as the research activity reports available through the UT System Business Intelligence website for any existing report that might provide you with the information you need.
If you have a custom data request, please submit your request via the Research Informatics Data Request Form.