Once an external sponsor has decided to provide funding for a proposal submitted, an award is usually sent to the Division of Research Administration (DRA). DRA staff review the award document and accept the grant, contract, or cooperative agreement on behalf of the university.
During the award review and acceptance process, DRA staff are responsible for:
- Review of the award terms and conditions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the sponsor and the university
- Negotiation of award terms and conditions
- Creation, negotiation, and processing of outgoing subawards
- Serving as a liaison between faculty and sponsors
- Final approval of grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements
- Award setup in Cayuse SP