The Office of Research and Engagement (ORE) is hosting a Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) awareness workshop on September 27, 2019, in the Student Union Ballroom (272 A&B) from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. This workshop will address topics that are central to successful research programs. It will also examine the newest policy updates, expectations, and resources for information security and human subjects research.
The agenda is as follows:
- 8:30-8:50 a.m. – Introduction & Responsibilities of the PI, Sarah Pruett
- 8:50-9:20 a.m. – Data Management,Chris Eaker, Rachel Caldwell
- 9:20-10:10 a.m. – Mentorship Panel, Ernest Brothers, Jennifer Richter, Samantha Ehrlich, Todd Moore
- 10:10-10:30 a.m. – Harassment, Ashley Blamey
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45-11:30 a.m. – Best Practices in Publishing, Holly Mercer
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. – Lunch
- 12-12:30 p.m. – Research Misconduct, Sarah Pruett
- 12:30-1 p.m. – IACUC, Melinda Hauser
- 1-1:15 p.m. – Break
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. – IRB, Kristine Hershberger
- 1:45-2:15 p.m. Information Security, Tom Coffy
- 2:15-2:30 p.m. – Closing Remarks, Sarah Pruett
Several funding agencies require mandatory training in RCR. This workshop will help meet these mandatory requirements. ORE is in the process of revising policies and procedures to make RCR training mandatory for all funded investigators and their research teams. The expectation is that training requirements will be met by the end of the next academic year.
Please take advantage of this opportunity and register now!
Lunch will be provided. Contact Sarah Pruett (865-974-9918, email@example.com) with any questions.