Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Nan Gaylord and Lynda Hardy of the College of Nursing have been named to the American Academy of Nursing’s 2016 Class of New Fellows. They represent the fifth and sixth members of the College of Nursing Faculty to be inducted into the academy, joining Tami Wyatt, Sandra Thomas, Joanne Hall, and dean of the College of Nursing, Victoria Niederhauser.
- The NSF’s Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation announced backing for a UT-led project to identify techniques for more sustainably managing storm water runoff in urban areas. Headed by an interdisciplinary team from the College of Engineering, the project includes:
- Jon Hathaway (Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Anahita Khojandi (Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering)
- Olufemi Omitaomu (joint ORNL-UT Associate Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering)
- Xueping Li (Associate Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering)
- The College of Nursing has named Sandra Thomas the inaugural Sara and Ross Croley Endowed Professor in Nursing. Thomas currently serves as professor and chair of the PhD program and is a fellow of the American Academy of Nursing and of the Society of Behavioral Medicine.
- Joshua Emery, the Lawrence A. Taylor Associate Professor of Planetary Science, will be on hand when OSIRIS-REx launches from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on Thursday. His work has been instrumental in this new NASA mission, which launches this week to bring an asteroid sample back to Earth that could help scientists better understand the early solar system.
- The University of Tennessee has been ranked among the best undergraduate institutions in the country by the Princeton Review’s The Best 381 Colleges: 2017 Edition list, after being named as a “best value” public university by the Princeton Review earlier this year.