Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Vladimir Dinets, a research assistant professor of psychology, has published a new study in open access journal, Humanimalia. The study demonstrates an innate human instinct for hunting and prey.
- Joshua Bienko, assistant professor in the School of Art, was recently named Man of the Year for being the top fundraiser for the Knoxville Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).
- The National Institute for STEM Evaluation and Research (NISER), a new institute established at UT, provide independent evaluations of research and education programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.
- UT’s School of Architecture ranked 10th among public universities, according to the new Design Futures Council’s 2017 DesignIntelligence annual report.
- The Office of Service Learning’s Smart Communities Initiative is providing UT students with opportunities to put classroom lessons into practice in collaboration with local communities.
- Chemistry graduate student Roberto Federico-Perez participated in a week-long Green Chemistry & Sustainable Energy Summer School this summer where he was introduced to Network of Early-career Sustainable Scientists and Engineers (NESSE). He was subsequently selected to work with NESSE in La Rochelle, France next May to organize the 2017 International Symposium on Green Chemistry (ISGC).