Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (email@example.com).
- Verlee Keppens, who has been serving as interim head of the Department of Materials Science Engineering since June 2015, has assumed the position on a permanent basis.
- The KLASS Center (UT’s Korn Learning, Assessment, and Social SKills Center) will launch its new program, Postsecondary Autism Support Services, a new program developed to support the needs of UT students with autism spectrum disorders, in Fall 2017 and will begin accepting applications shortly.
- The Center for Sport, Peace, and Society will implement the Department of State and espnW’s Global Sports Mentoring Program, a five-week cultural exchange program partnering international female sports leaders and female executives. Two UT professors have worked with the GSMP since 2012
- Sarah Hillyer
- Ashleigh Huffman
- Uday Vaidya, who serves as Governor’s Chair for UT and ORNL as well as boasting ties to the Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation, was named 2016 Composites Person of the Year by the Society of Plastics Engineers at their annual Automotive Composites Conference and Exhibition.
- Tessa Calhoun of the Department of Chemistry recently constructed a new microscope for use in nanoparticle interfacial chemistry as a part of the Science Alliance’s Joint Directed Research Development program.
- The Board of Trustees voted to name the College of Engineering for distinguished alumnus John D. Tickle, a 1965 engineering graduate who serves as chairman of the Strongwell Corporation.