Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Torchbearer award (the highest student honor bestowed by the University of Tennessee) celebrated its 85th anniversary with a reunion of more than 95 recipients representing classes from 1945 to 2015.
- Sandra MacQuillan, chief supply chain officer at Kimberly-Clark, was honored with the first-ever Distinguished Women in Supply Chain award at last week’s Supply Chain Forum at the Haslam College of Business.
- The College of Communication and Information honored a notable graduate from each of its schools and programs at its campaign kickogg and award gala on Friday. The honorees were:
- Advertising Alumnus of the Year: Erik Izo, 1987
- Communication Studies Alumna of the Year: Tiffany M. Haverly, 2008
- Information Sciences Alumna of the Year: Gloria Sharrar, 1982
- Journalism and Electronic Media Alumna of the Year: Tiffany Utsman Carpenter, 1996
- Xuemin Xu, professor in the Department of Biomedical and Diagnostic Sciences within the College of Veterinary Medicine, has been awarded an R21 Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant Award from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke for his project, “Pathogenic Role of the Novel Mitochondrial Apoptic Protein PSAP in ALS“
- The UT Army ROTC Alumni Council and Army ROTC Department held their inaugural Army ROTC Hall of Fame Induction Dinner on Veteran’s Day, honoring a first class of twelve