Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (email@example.com).
- Kimberly Eck, director of Research Development, was featured in a pre conference cameo by the National Organization of Research Development Professionals (NORDP). She will be giving a presentation NORDP’s annual conference in May titled Research Development: Results from and Opportunities through a NORDP Approved Study. Register for the 2017 conference here.
- Marvelene Moore, professor emerita in UT’s School of Music, will be recognized as this year’s Trailblazer Award honoree this month at the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy.
- David Icove, UL Professor of Practice in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, has been working with a national nonprofit group that has found a new use for big data in solving cold cases.
- John Currie has been named the new Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics.
- Tony Brown, MBA alumnus, is making a difference in the lives of underserved youth as executive director of Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA).
- Corey Halaychik, assistant professor and head of acuqisitions and continuing resources in the Libraries, has been named the recipient of the 2017 ProQuest Coutts Award for Innovation.
- Nature‘s highly regarded Scientific Reports has featured a report by Jacob Raplee, a graduate research assistant in both mechanical engineering and business administration.