Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Two members of the AgResearch leadership team were recently honored at the annual Research Center Administrators Society (RCAS) meeting in Mobile, Alabama. Barry Sims, associate director of UT AgResearch, was recognized for completing his term as president of RCAS. Walt Hitch, center director for the Plateau AgResearch and Education Center, received the Distinguished Service Aweard, given annually to one member who has made outstanding contributions to the society over an extended period of time.
- Gary Gray, currently assistant director for the Division of Finance and Administration, will join the Office of the Provost as assistant provost for finance and administration on March 13.
- Two professors from the Institute of Agriculture were elected to offices in the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA). Scott Senseman, professor and head of the Department of Plant Sciences, will serve as the organization’s president elect in 2017 and Larry Steckel, professor of Plant Sciences, will serve as vice president.
- Todd Reynolds, associate professor in the Department of Microbiology, has received an R21 award from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for his “Identification of CDP-DAG and Serine Binding Sites in Candida Albicans Phosphatidylserine Synthase, an Antifungal Drug Target“.
- Uma Rao, professor and director of the Center for Behavioral Health Research has received an R01 award from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities for her “Ethnic Influence on Stress, Energy Balance, and Obesity in Adolescents“.
- US Air Force Lieutenant General Mike Holmes, a 1981 electrical engineering graduate from UT, has been promoted to four-star general and assume leadership of the Air Force’s Air Combat Command, one of the highest offices in the United States armed forces.