Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Forensic Anthropology Center (FAC) celebrates its 30th Anniversary this year. The center oversees the Anthropology Research Facility, commonly known as the Body Farm, which is the nations most prominent facility where researchers systemically study human decomposition.
- Tennessee’s Spirit Teams placed among the Top 10 at the 2017 Universal Cheerleaders Association and Universal Dance Association College National Championships
- Jan Simek, president emeritus of the UT System and a Distinguished Professor of Science in the Department of Anthropology will appear alongside Beau Carroll, a UT anthropology graduate student and member of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians in the National Geographic series The Story of God with Morgan Freeman on Monday, January 23, too discuss ancient religions.
- Lekh Poudel, a graduate student in physics who works with Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s Quantum Condensed Matter Division, has garnered publication for her research in Physical Review Letters. The work involved research in UT’s Department of Physics and Astronomy and the Department of Materials Science and Engineering in addition to at ORNL.
- Research by Derek Alderman, head of the Department of Geography, was featured in Columbus Alive examining the road it took to make Martin Luther King Jr. Day a federal holiday.
- The School of Information Sciences is collecting books for children in Sevier County who lost their possessions in recent wildfires.