Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (email@example.com).
- Bill Hardwig (Department of English) and Sidi Kazunga (Haslam College of Business Office of Undergraduate Programs) have been nominated for regional and national awards honoring their advising work with the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- Stephen Blackwell, professor and chair of the Russian Program in the Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures, co-edited the book Fine Lines: Vladimir Nabokov’s Scientific Art. The book has been named a top-20 book of 2016 by the journal Nature‘s books and arts blog, “A View from the Bridge“.
- Chelsea Inman (Sponsored Programs Administrator) and Jennifer Webster (Manager, Strategic Initiatives) have both passed their Certified Research Administrator exams.
- Neil Williams, a 4th year PhD candidate in the Department of Chemistry, had his research (which revealed a new method of removing carbon dioxide from ambient air) featured in USA Today.
- The Washington Post featured alumna Jennifer Love (doctorate of anthropology), the District of Columbia’s first full-time forensic anthropologist.
- Jordan Bush, a graduate student in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, was featured as a guest blogger for Scientific American, discussing the social behavior of reptiles.