The Office of Research and Engagement has invested in an online tool that will help keep track of information on publications, research funding, patents, and clinical trials for the University of Tennessee research community.
Summary from Vendor: In some ways similar to platforms such as Pubmed, Scopus and Web of Science, but with a much wider and more open scope, Dimensions is designed to help anyone involved in research to get more in-depth information about what is happening in their research area and how it changes over time.
Some examples of the ways in which it can be used include:
- Discovery of the latest publications, awarded grant funding, clinical trials or patents on any topic of interest, worldwide.
- Benchmarking of research organizations, funders, publications or researchers in a particular topic, or across all research activity.
- Identification of new sources of research funding for future funding applications.
- Connecting with research collaborators in your discipline.
- Clear and unbiased analysis of UT’s research activity, and how it is changing over time.
You can start using Dimensions by going to following four easy steps to create your account.
If you access Dimensions from outside the university’s domain (off campus) then you will only be able to see publications information. This is the openly available free version of Dimensions. If you already have a free account, you will find that you are now able to access grants, patents and clinical trials data (as well as everything you are already used to), when you are logged in via UT’s account.
While using Dimensions, you can contact the Dimension support team at any time by clicking on the “Support” link in the top right corner of the page, and looking at the FAQ in the support center, or get in contact by clicking on “Send Feedback.” You may also watch a “Quick Start Guide” video which describes how to use Dimensions.
For more information please contact Anna Banks (firstname.lastname@example.org, 865-974-3560).
The the Office of Research and Engagement has scheduled a final training session for Dimensions. Register at workshop.utk.edu.