The Controller’s office has negotiated a new F&A rate. The F&A rate agreement for UTK is available on the OSP website (Knoxville F&A Rate Agreement). The rates have changed as follows:
|Effective Period||Rate||Applicable To|
|7/1/2014||6/30/2018||38%||Public Service On-Campus (Other Sponsored Activities)|
|7/1/2014||6/30/2018||26%||Public Service Off-Campus (Other Sponsored Activities)|
- Only the research on-campus rate has an effective date of July 1, 2015. All the other rates (Instruction, Public Service) were effective on July 1, 2014.
- The current research on-campus rate of 49% is in effect until June 30, 2015.
- On-campus research proposals with a start date of July 1, 2015 or later must use the 51% F&A rate.
- If you are submitting a multi-year proposal you must use the new F&A rate for any new year starting on or after July 1, 2015. (i.e. If year one starts on May 1, 2015, the F&A rate used for year one should be 49%. The subsequent years will use the 51% F&A.) In these cases the Sponsored Projects Accounting office will have to open a separate WBS number to account for the different F&A rates.
- Any proposal currently in OSP for review and submission, the F&A rate does not have to be changed unless the PI would like to change it. All other proposals need to use the new rates.
- All proposals that were previously submitted to the sponsor will be awarded at the F&A rate that it was submitted, unless the sponsor requests for it to be changed.
- All research on-campus proposals submitted to the sponsor with the 51% F&A rate that is awarded with a start date prior to July 1, 2015 the F&A will need to be changed to 49% or the project start date will need to be changed to July 1, 2015 or after, with sponsor approval.
If you have any questions about the F&A rates and when they are effective, please feel free to contact the Office of Sponsored Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 974-3466.