Facebook Fellowship Program
Facebook has announced a two year fellowship program for 2015-2016. Fellowship recipients will have tuition and fees covered for the 2015-16 and 2016-17 academic years, a $37,000 yearly grant, paid visit to the Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, CA, and an opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook.
Deadline: Applications are due January 5, 2015.
Details: Information and link to application
NEON Request for Proposals
NEON, the National Ecological Observatory Network is currently seeking proposals for Training in Blood Sample Collection from Rodents in accordance with our RFP-0179-FOP. An informational copy of the Request for Proposal document is attached. In the event you are interested in providing a proposal in response to this request, we would urge you to provide a Notice of Intent per the Invitation and Instructions section of the RFP. This will assure that you receive any Solicitation Amendments that may be issued, including responses to offeror questions. Additionally, Amendments will be posted on the Rocky Mountain BidNet site at http://www.rockymountainbidsystem.com.
LIMITED SUBMISSION: Promoting Democracy, Human Rights and Rule of Law in Central Asia
The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) announces a Request for Proposals (RFP) from organizations interested in submitting proposals for projects that will promote democracy, human rights, and rule of law in Central Asia.
DRL invites organizations to submit proposals for programs to conduct the following:
- Kyrgyzstan: Strengthening the capacity of civil society and the media to increase transparency and counter corruption
- Kyrgzstan: Improving inter-ethnic relations with a focus on the South
- Central Asia: Strengthening independent media in Central Asia
Please see the full RFP for complete information.
This is a limited submission opportunity. The DRL only allows The University of Tennessee – Knoxville (including UTSI) to submit three applications (one per each program listed in the RFP). Interested individuals should submit a notification of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 p.m., Nov. 7, 2014. Notifications of interest received past this deadline will not be considered.
The subject heading of your email should state your name, your college and the name of the limited submission opportunity (ex. PIERCE, Benjamin Franklin / DEMOCRACY). In your email include:
- Name and contact information of PI
- Name and contact information of potential collaborators
- Brief description of Proposed Research (1 page MAX in PDF format)
Only individuals who have e-mailed their intent to propose by12 p.m., Nov. 7, 2014 may be allowed to participate if an internal competition is necessary.
Find information on the following funding opportunities, in the “Engagement Funding Round-Up, Oct. 30 2014” from the Office of Community Engagement & Outreach:
- National Grants Program ArtPlace accepting Letters of Inquiry
- Agricultural Safety & Health Council of America Safety Grants
- The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Special Projects Grants
- Request For Proposals: Research on Critical Issues in Advancing Community-Engaged Scholarship