Join the UT NIH Research Community by contacting Jennifer Webster (email@example.com) and start receiving the weekly NIH Digest.
- UT CORNET Awards: Collaborative Research Network Proposals in Cancer Research (link)
- NIA Leveraging Existing Cohort Studies to Clarify Risk and Protective Factors for Alzheimers Disease and Related Dementias (R01) (PAR-17-054)
- NIA Alzheimer’s Disease Outcomes Research Resource (U2C) (RFA-AG-17-052)
NOTE: Individuals interested in any solicitation that limits the number of submissions allowed by UT must submit a notification of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the ORE limited submission policy, View current and past opportunities, and sign up for the listserv.
Please contact Sharon Pound (email@example.com) regarding your interest in NSF opportunities.
Dimensions of Biodiversity FY2017 NSF 17-523
The goal of this program is to transform, by 2020, how we describe and understand the scope and role of life on Earth. This campaign promotes novel integrative approaches to fill the most substantial gaps in our understanding of the diversity of life on Earth. It takes a broad view of biodiversity, and focuses on the intersection of genetic, phylogenetic, and functional dimensions of biodiversity. Successful proposals must integrate these three dimensions to understand interactions and feedbacks between and among them. While this focus complements several core programs in BIO, it differs by requiring that multiple dimensions of biodiversity beaddressed simultaneously, in novel ways, to understand their synergistic roles in critical ecological and evolutionary processes, especially pertaining to the mechanisms driving the origin, maintenance, and functional roles of biodiversity. The Dimensions of Biodiversity program again includes partnerships with the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) of Brazil in fiscal year 2017. Investigators wishing to inquire about the suitability of potential projects for Dimensions of Biodiversity are encouraged to email a brief summary and contact information to Dimensions@nsf.gov.
Anticipated Funding Amount: up to $2 million for five years
Full Proposal due: February 21, 2017
Computer Science for All: Researcher Practitioner Partnerships (CS for All: RPP) NSF 17-525
This program aims to provide all U.S. students the opportunity to participate in computer science (CS) and computational thinking (CT) education in their schools at the K-12 levels. With this solicitation, the NSF focuses on researcher-practitioner partnerships (RPPs) that foster the research and development needed to bring CS/CT to all schools. Specifically, this solicitation aims to provide high school teachers with the preparation, professional development (PD), and ongoing support that they need to teach rigorous computer science courses, and K-8 teachers with the instructional materials and preparation they need to integrate CS/CT into their teaching.
Anticipated Funding Amount: approximately five small ($300,000 for two years), ten medium ($1 million for three years), and four large ($2 million for four years) awards
Full Proposal due: February 28, 2017
Dear Colleague Letters
- Advanced Manufacturing Research to Address Basic Research Enabling Innovation at Manufacturing USA Institutes NSF 17-030 Nov. 18, 2016
- Potential Integration with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA’s) EXport Processes in the Ocean from RemoTe Sensing (EXPORTS) Program NSF 17-032 Nov. 18, 2016
- IUCRC Clusters for Grand Challenges, a Collaborative Opportunity for Research to Address Grand Challenges NSF 17-035 Nov. 21, 2016
- Nominations for Participation on “Ocean Observatories Initiative Facility Board” (OOIFB) NSF 17-045 Nov. 28, 2016
Find new Engagement Opportunities and Funding at engagement.utk.edu. Use Pivot to search and save funding opportunities, set up funding alerts, or manage your scholar profile using your UT NetID. Use the Foundation Directory Online to search a database of the 10,000 largest private, community, and corporate foundations in the U.S.