Limited Submission Opportunities
Find information about limited submissions on the Limited Submissions Opportunities page.
Big Data Regional Innovation Hubs: Establishing Spokes to Advance Big Data Applications (BD Spokes)
NSF’s Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) initiated the National Network of Big Data Regional Innovation Hubs (BD Hubs) program in FY 2015. Four BD Hubs were established to foster multi-sector collaborations among academia, industry, and government, both nationally and internationally. BD Spokes extend the BD Hubs network by establishing multi-institutional and multi-sector collaborations to focus on topics of specific interest to a given region. Each BD Spoke will focus on a particular topic that requires Big Data approaches and solutions. The Big Data activities of a BD Spoke will be guided by the following broad themes:
Accelerating progress towards addressing societal grand challenges relevant to the regional and national priority areas defined by the BD Hubs (information on priority areas can be found on each Hub’s website listed in the Introduction section below);
Helping automate the Big Data lifecycle; and
Enabling access to and spurring the use of important and valuable available data assets, including international data sets where relevant.
This solicitation is not meant to fund proposals in which fundamental research is the primary activity. It is expected that the PIs of a BD Spoke proposal will have engaged in serious and in-depth discussions with their corresponding BD Hub PIs and Steering Committee prior to submitting their proposal. BD Spoke proposers (for both SMALL and MEDIUM Spokes) must seek formal approval from the regional BD Hub Steering Committee in the form of a Letter of Collaboration.
Estimated Program Funding: $10M total
Limit on Number of Applications: 1
Please see the full RFP for complete information.
Notification of Interest to ORE: 4/5/2017 12 p.m.
Application to Agency: 9/18/2017
NOTE: Individuals interested in any solicitation that limits the number of submissions allowed by UT must submit a notification of interest to email@example.com. See the ORE limited submission policy, View current and past opportunities, and sign up for the listserv.
Join the UT NIH Research Community by contacting Jennifer Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) and start receiving the weekly NIH Digest.
- NIH Standard Deadlines for Investigator-Initiated Research Projects
- NCI Research Answers to NCI’s Provocative Questions (R01) (RFA-CA-17-017)
- NCI Research Answers to NCI’s Provocative Questions (R21) (RFA-CA-17-018)
- NIAAA Alcohol-PTSD Comorbidity: Preclinical Studies of Models and Mechanisms (R01) (RFA-AA-17-016)
- NIAAA Nutrition and Alcohol-Related Health Outcomes (R01) (PA-17-211)
- NIAAA Nutrition and Alcohol-Related Health Outcomes (R03) (PA-17-212)
- NIAAA Nutrition and Alcohol-Related Health Outcomes (R21) (PA-17-213)
- NIBIB Enhancing Science, Technology, EnginEering, and Math Educational Diversity (ESTEEMED) Research Education Experiences (R25) (PAR-17-221)
- NICHD Research Education Programs (R25) (PAR-17-183)
- NIDA / NIA Marijuana, Prescription Opioid, or Prescription Benzodiazepine Drug Use Among Older Adults (R01) (PA-17-196)
- NIDA / NIA Marijuana, Prescription Opioid, or Prescription Benzodiazepine Drug Use Among Older Adults (R21) (PA-17-197)
- NIDA / NIA Marijuana, Prescription Opioid, or Prescription Benzodiazepine Drug Use Among Older Adults (R03) (PA-17-198)
- NIEHS Environmental Health Sciences Core Centers (EHS CC) (P30) (RFA-ES-17-003)
- NIGMS Maximizing Investigators’ Research Award for Early Stage Investigators (R35) (PAR-17-190)
- NIGMS Research Education: Bridges to the Doctorate (R25) (PAR-17-209)
- NIGMS Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program (R25) (PAR-17-210)
- NIMH From Genomic Association to Causation: A Convergent Neuroscience Approach for Integrating Levels of Analysis to Delineate Brain Function in Neuropsychiatry (U01) (PAR-17-179)
- NIMH From Genomic Association to Causation: A Convergent Neuroscience Approach for Integrating Levels of Analysis to Delineate Brain Function in Neuropsychiatry (Collaborative U01) (PAR-17-176)
- NINDS / NIA Detecting Cognitive Impairment, Including Dementia, in Primary Care and Other Everyday Clinical Settings for the General Public and in Health Disparities Populations (UG3/UH3) (RFA-NS-17-012)
Use Pivot to search and save funding opportunities, set up funding alerts, or manage your scholar profile using your UT NetID. Use the Foundation Directory Online to search a database of the 10,000 largest private, community, and corporate foundations in the U.S.