Please contact Paul Montgomery (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding your interest in federal opportunities.
NASA published a solicitation for its New (Early Career) Investigator Program in Earth Science. This program places “particular emphasis on the investigators’ ability to promote and increase the use of space-based remote sensing” as well as the below 6 topics:
- Carbon Cycle and Ecosystems
- Water and Energy Cycle
- Climate Variability and Change
- Atmospheric Composition
- Earth Surface and Interior
To be eligible, a proposer must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, have received a PhD on/after Jan 1, 2012, and not hold tenure before Sep 14, 2017. The average award is $80-90K annually for up to 3 years. NASA anticipates making about 12 awards. A notice of intent is due by August 14, and proposals are due by September 14.
NASA also published its annual Innovative Advanced Concepts – Phase I (NIAC) solicitation. NIAC seeks to “change the possible” in aerospace and aeronautics missions and focuses on “early studies of visionary concepts that address NASA’s or the nation’s goals but also offer radically different approaches or leapfrog innovations to enable new missions or greatly enhance previous ones. A concept typically includes new technology and must be framed in a mission context.” Concepts also typically involve high risk, basic research in the following interest areas:
- Space travel
- Living in space
A 3-page pre-proposal and 1-page overview chart are due by 5 pm ET on September 13, and a proposal, if invited, is due by 5 pm ET on November 29. NASA anticipates 12-16 awards, each worth up to $125K for up to 9 months. Since this is a Phase I project, NASA plans to publish a Phase II solicitation at a later date, and eligible Phase I awardees may apply for up to 2 additional years of funding.
Join the UT NIH Research Community by contacting Jennifer Webster (email@example.com) and start receiving the weekly NIH Digest.
- NIH Standard Deadlinesfor Investigator-Initiated Research Projects
- NIH Discovery of in vivo Chemical Probes for Novel Brain Targets (R01) (PAR-17-336)
- NCI / NIAID / NIDA / NIDCD Assay development and screening for discovery of chemical probes or therapeutic agents (R01) (PAR-17-438)
- NHGRI Implementing Genomics in Practice (IGNITE) II: Pragmatic Clinical Trials Clinical Groups (U01) (RFA-HG-17-008)
- NHGRI Implementing Genomics in Practice (IGNITE) II: Pragmatic Clinical Trials Enhanced Diversity Clinical Groups (U01)(RFA-HG-17-009)
- NHGRI Implementing Genomics in Practice (IGNITE) II: Pragmatic Clinical Trials Coordinating Center(RFA-HG-17-010)
- NIA Tailoring Cardiac Rehabilitation to Enhance Participation of Older Adults (R01) (RFA-AG-18-016)
- NIAID Limited Competition: Small Research Grant Program for NIAID K01/K08/K23 Recipients (R03) (PAR-17-439)
- NIBIB / NCCIH / NCI Synthetic Biology for Engineering Applications (R01) (PAR-17-334)
- NICHD National Centers for Translational Research in Reproduction and Infertility (P50)(RFA-HD-18-008)
- NICHD Population Dynamics Centers Research Infrastructure Program FY 2018 (P2C) (RFA-HD-18-013)
- NIMH / NEI / NIA / NIDCD Discovery of cell-based Chemical Probes for Novel Brain Targets (R21) (PAR-17-335)
- NINDS Administrative Supplement for the NINDS Research Education Program for Residents and Fellows in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuropathology, Neuroradiology and Emergency Medicine (Admin Supp)(PA-17-442)
Please contact Sharon Pound (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding your interest in NSF opportunities.
- Division of Materials Research: Topical Materials Research Programs (DMR-TMRP)
- NSF 17-580NSF Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships (EAR-PF) NSF 17-583
- CISE Research Infrastructure (CRI) NSF 17-581
- Paleo Perspectives on Climate Change (P2C2) NSF 17-582
- Discovery Research PreK-12 (DRK-12) NSF 17-584
- Japan-US Network Opportunity 2 (JUNO2) R&D for Trustworthy Networking for Smart and Connected Communities NSF 17-586
- Methodology, Measurement, and Statistics (MMS) NSF 14-574
- Plant Biotic Interactions NSF 17-551
NSF Dear Colleague Letters
- Removal of Deadlines for the Process Separations Program in the Division of Chemical, Biological, Environmental, and Transport Systems in the Directorate for Engineering NSF 17-114 Jul. 24, 2017
- Removal of Deadlines for the Combustion and Fire Systems Program in the Division of Chemical, Biological, Environmental, and Transport Systems in the Directorate for Engineering NSF 17-117 Jul. 27, 2017