Cisco Systems, the multinational corporation that designs and develops computer networking equipment and services, has an active research operation that accepts proposals from university researchers and helps graduate students find internships and employment opportunities.
Research collaborations with Cisco involve one of five areas:
- Collaboration, combining technology and culture to increase the effectiveness of individuals working together
- Data center, virtualization & cloud, researching the virtualization of resources and services to foster availability and geographic mobility of applications, networks, data centers, and systems
- Mobility, mobile computing involving multimedia, collaboration, sharing, gaming, social networking, and other areas
- Power, with an emphasis on sustainability and energy efficiency
- Video, focused on service to consumers through service providers and enterprise solutions.
The Cisco website includes a list of 29 requests for proposals in one or more of the areas above.
UT contact: Susan Ballentine (firstname.lastname@example.org)