Please send faculty, staff, and student recognitions to Erin Chapin (email@example.com).
- Derek Alderman, head of the Department of Geography, has been elected to serve as president of the American Association of Geographers.
- Vladimir Dinets, a research assistant professor of psychology, recently completed a study on moles’ behavior that may highlight how many scientific discoveries still await at your fingertips.
- The University of Tennessee has signed a memorandum of agreement with the Atmospheric Turbulence and Diffusion Division of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Air Resources Laboratory to advance collaborative research in atmospheric sciences.
- Tricia Stuth, associate professor of architecture in the College of Architecture and Design, was recently elected to the College of Fellows of the American Institute of Architects.
- Vidya Kishore, third year PhD student at the Bredesen Center, joined other graduate students from institutions across the state in a morning moster session, presenting during Graduate Education week.
- Chad Duty, associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering, will join the newly created Expert Educator Team to help spread the growth of advanced manufacturing education through colleges.