Our mission is the creation of a learning environment that emphasizes the theme of Social Justice.
- Hoan Bui, Associate Professor, Intimate-partner violence, juvenile delinquency, immigration and crime, women/minorities in criminal justice.
- Ben Feldmeyer, Assistant Professor, Criminology, demography, race/ethnicity, stratification, research/quantitative methods, sentencing and the courts.
- Suzanne Kurth, Associate Professor, Social psychology, gender, sexual harassment, technological change in communications and social interaction/relationships.
- Lois Presser, Associate Professor, Criminological theory, restorative/community justice, narratives of violent offenders and victims of violence.
- Neal Shover, Professor, Criminal organization, criminal careers, white-collar crime, social sources of punishment variation.
- Damayanti Banerjee, Assistant Professor, environmental inequality, environmental justice movements, natural resource management, globalization and environment, gendered understanding of environment and cultural studies of environment.
- Sherry Cable, Associate Professor, environmental conflict, environmental justice, environmental policy.
- R. Scott Frey, Professor and Head, environmental sociology, development, comparative/historical sociology.
- Paul Gellert, Assistant Professor, environmental sociology, development, comparative/historical sociology, political economy, Asian studies, global studies.
- Robert Jones, Associate Professor, environmental concern, environmental values, ecosystem management, environmental policy.
Political Economy and Globalization
- Stephanie Bohon, Associate Professor, Social and applied demography, immigration to emerging gateway places, Latino migration, ethnic economies, and immigrant incorporation/adaptation.
- Harry F. Dahms, Associate Professor, Theory, globalization, economic sociology/political economy, social inequalities, entrepreneurship.
- Steven P. Dandaneau, Associate Professor, Social theory, political economy, community, critical theory, postmodernism.
- R. Scott Frey, Professor and Head, Environmental sociology, development, comparative/historical sociology.
- Paul Gellert, Assistant Professor, Environmental sociology, development, comparative/historical sociology, political economy, Asian studies, global studies.
- Asafa Jalata, Professor, globalization, race & ethnicity, economic development.
- Jon Shefner, Associate Professor, globalization, social movements, development and democratization.
Jon Shefner, Professor and Head
Department of Sociology
College of Arts and Sciences
The University of Tennessee
902 McClung Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996-0490