The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) strives to provide the highest quality of support to faculty, staff, and research administrators by facilitating proposal processing and submission; reviewing, negotiating and accepting contracts; and managing awards.
In addition, OSP ensures compliance with federal and state laws and UT policies, to clarify submission procedures and processing of awards for external sponsored program funds, and to ensure a uniform administrative process.
TERA PAMS proposal routing deadlines for the 2014 holidays
OSP would like to remind everyone about upcoming proposal deadline dates since they are impacted by federal holidays as well as the University’s administrative closings. To view the schedule for November, December, and January click here.
What You Need to Know About Uniform Guidance
Uniform Guidance, which goes into effect December 26, 2014, brings changes to policies regarding budgets, proposals, subaward monitoring, and more. To find out how this might effect your projects, click here.
Specific OSP services include:
- Guidance and consultation on proposal development
- Proposal review, processing, and submission to sponsor
- RFP/solicitation review to ensure compliance with sponsor requirements
- Budget review and assistance with budget development
- Official institutional signatory for proposals
- Contract review to ensure compliance policies and procedures of the sponsor and the university
- Negotiation of externally funded contracts and other research related agreements (material transfer, confidentiality, etc.)
- Creation, negotiation, and processing of outgoing subawards
- Liaison between faculty and sponsors
- Final approval on contracts and agreements
- Award set-up in TERA-PAMS
- Administration of incremental funding and post-award changes (rebudgeting, no cost extensions, etc.)
- PI transfer for faculty coming to UT and leaving UT
- Coordination with Sponsored Projects Accounting
Training and Development for Faculty and Staff
- Provide training and development for faculty and staff on topics such as:
- TERA-PAMS proposal electronic routing system
- Services of Office of Sponsored Programs
- Agency specific regulations
- One-on-one training on any research administration topic