- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 2006
The Office of Community Engagement & Outreach (OCEO) coordinates and facilitates a broad and diverse set of community-campus partnerships.
- Engagement & Broader Impacts — Resources to support campus outreach & successful broader impact components for grant proposals.
- STEM K-12 Education Outreach — Campus & community partnering opportunities as well as STEM program funding.
- Pre-Collegiate Research Scholars Program — The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is partnering with the Knox County School system in the second stage of a pilot program–the UT Pre-Collegiate Research Scholars Program. Rising seniors from all 13 High Schools will work under the direction of their high school teacher mentors & UT faculty mentors in UT research laboratories.
Funding and Awards
Resources to assist faculty, staff, and students seeking funding for their outreach & engagement projects and programs.
- Outreach Incentive Grants — Special project funding that specifically enhance the community engagement mission of the university. Offered once per year, early fall semester.
- Ready for the World Funding — Funding for projects that promote international & intercultural awareness explicitly designed to improve undergraduate education.
- Boyd Venture Fund — This is a “seed-fund” grant, conducted in the Fall & Spring each academic year, & is available for any UT student-owned (doctoral, masters, undergraduate) business.
- Student-Sponsored Event Funding — Registered student organization may request funds during the spring semester to sponsor events for the following school year.
- UT-REACH — Weekly e-letter of engagement & outreach news, STEM & other outreach funding opportunities, national engagement updates & more (visit link to subscribe or view archives)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation/C. Peter Magrath Engagement Award — UT’s annual submission for the regional & national awards.
- Harold Love Outstanding Community Service Award — Annual award for faculty, staff & students
- UTK Scholarships to National Outreach Scholarship Conference
- Foundation Directory Online — Information on nearly 600 grantmaking foundations & companies. Note: Can only be accessed from computers on the UT Knoxville campus network.
- Federal Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) program funding portfolio — Released by White House in 12/2011: comprehensive listing of STEM education investments curated by federal agencies.
Director, Office of Community Engagement & Outreach
1534 White Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37996-1529
Phone: (865) 974-8363