The UT Core Facilities Program (UTCFP) and Office of Research and Engagement (ORE) is issuing a call for funding requests to established UT Core Facilities (UTCFs). This program is intended to provide strategic investments to UTCFs in order to promote the growth and sustainability of these resources. This initiative is managed by the Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Development (AVCRD).
FY17 awards are open to current UT Core Facilities. Download a copy of the FY17 Request for Proposals.
Proposals will be evaluated based on a review of the ongoing performance of the UT Core Facility; the impact funding will have on the continued success and sustainability of the facility; and how the requested funds will improve the research infrastructure of the University. Proposals will be evaluated by a subset of the UT Core Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC).
Each UTCF competes annually, and funding in one year does not imply a future commitment. Previously funded cores will be evaluated based on the amount of service provided in the previous year, continued strategic need, and user satisfaction. Requests are anticipated to exceed available funds, so cores must demonstrate efficiency and ensure that investments are used in a way that allows the highest possible return to investigators.
Proposals should be submitted by the director(s) of the UT Core Facility and comply with the following guidelines. All parts of the application must be submitted via email as one attachment. It is recommended that proposals be no more than 3 pages in length, excluding the cover sheet and appendix.
Important Dates and Information:
Announcement Date: May 20, 2016
Proposal Due Date: June 15, 2016 by 5:00 PM
Notice of Awards: Approximately June 30, 2016
Period of Performance: July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
Submit to: The UT Core Facilities Program via email at email@example.com
- Cover Sheet
The cover sheet should summarize the following: Name of UT Core Facility, name (and email address) of UT Core Facility director, managing department, and name and contact information for the managing departmental business officer, amount of FY17 funding requested, any cost share information.
- Fiscal Year 2017 Request and Justification
- Amount and Purpose of Request: Identify the amount requested from the UT Core Facilities Program for FY17 and describe how funds will be used.
- Request Justification: Describe impact of funding on the improvement of resources or services within the UT Core Facility; how funds will contribute to the success and sustainability of the UT Core Facility; finally, how these funds will benefit internal users of the UT Core Facility.
- Additional Support: Identify other mechanisms that have been pursued in support of the need. List other sources of funding for the facility by listing units and amount of contributions.
- Appendix: Impact of Previous Funding
If support was provided by the UT Core Facilities Program in FY16, please provide a statement describing the impact the funding had on the infrastructure and operation of the facility and how support benefited users at the University.